It’s always the Darkest Before Dawn: it will get worse before getting better, so you shouldn’t give up as a coach
One of the darkest moments for GrowthUP was just before we started the new CoachUP Programme, when we wanted to give up as Coaches. At that point, we had been doing this for 1,5 years, and we weren’t seeing enough results. We were measuring our success only based on sales, and the three of us all had different priorities at the time. We asked ourselves, is it worth continuing?
The only answer for us was yes!
We weren’t ready to let go of our Vision: Making Coaching Accessible to everyone.
We knew it would take time, but we weren’t in a hurry. The endgame was so much more important than getting there fast.
So, if you’re feeling like you are about to give up as a Coach, don’t! Here are five reasons why:
1. Success takes time. It doesn’t happen overnight. It takes time to build a successful coaching business. You need to develop your skills, build relationships with potential clients, and market your services. Be patient and persistent.
2. You will make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. It’s part of the learning process. Don’t let your mistakes discourage you. Learn from them and move on.
3. You will face challenges. There will be times when you face challenges. Maybe you’re not getting enough clients, or maybe you’re struggling with a particular client. Don’t give up. Seek support from other coaches or mentors.
4. You are making a difference. You are helping people achieve their goals and live better lives. That is an incredibly rewarding experience. Remember why you became a coach in the first place.
5. You are not alone. There are many other newly certified coaches who are going through the same thing. There are also many experienced coaches who are willing to help.